Allegion Material Control Manager in Princeton, Illinois
Material Control Manager
Allegion (NYSE: ALLE) helps keep people safe where they live, work and visit. Allegion is pioneering safety as a provider of security solutions for homes and businesses through 23 global brands. Allegion specializes in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closers and exit devices, steel doors and frames, to access control and workforce productivity systems. Allegion is a $2 billion business employing more than 7,600 people and offering products in more than 120 countries across the world.
As an advocate for better safety around the world, Allegion comprises thought leaders and visionaries who solve customers’ toughest security challenges. We’re progressive, collaborative, expert and forthright in all that we do. We’re looking for talented people to advance their careers and grow alongside our business. We invite you to connect with us today.
LCN products can be found in many high-traffic facilities such as schools, hospitals, government buildings, and correctional facilities. With innovative door closure solutions, LCN products are trusted to work seamlessly during critical moments.
With our high standards of performance, customers have peace of mind knowing their facilities are protected. We have 35 different series of closers and door hardware to choose from with up to 30 years of operating life on our products. LCN has unmatched expertise to meet all safety and security challenges.
The Material Control Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing and controlling of the receiving process, raw material warehouse, inventory control, and shipping departments to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. Prepares schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control flow of goods and regulate warehouse space. In addition, this position is accountable for warehouse inventory accuracy and cycle counting routines to drive accurate perpetual records on the material stored in the warehouse. Also included in the responsibility is the oversight of the shipping department to ensure they follow the guidelines established by the logistics organization. This leader also is responsible for leading the materials replenishment teams, with responsibility to ensure materials are delivered to point-of-use per standard work.
• Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department while achieving site specific goals.
• Ensure timely unloading, receiving, storage and delivery of material to the production areas
• Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
• Maintain cycle count standard work goals with the long term objective of achieving cycle count certification
• Maintain and issue inventory reporting, including inventory accuracy, cycle count metrics and scrap processing
• Implement and enforce standard work across the functions
• Drive continuous improvement activities in all functional areas
• Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
• Manage suppliers and service providers that support receiving, warehousing and shipping functions
• Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
• Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity warehouse and shipping department.
• Motivate staff to make an effective and efficient team
• Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
• Leads material replenishment activities for the factory, ensuring that delivery of parts to production lines are done per standard work instructions.
• Works with engineering teams to design and deploy various replenishment methods in the factory (i.e. Kanban, sequencing, etc.)
• Performs other duties as assigned
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution).
• Must know how to influence bottom line results.
• Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
• Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
• Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Must be a strong communicator.
• Must possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
• Must possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
• Must be proficient at conflict resolution
• Must have solid interpersonal skills…ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
• Must be resourceful, can find solutions to unusual problems and meet customer needs
• Must have good understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant
Experience and Skills Required:
• Bachelors degree in business or engineering discipline
• APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is preferred,
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the integrated functions of manufacturing
• Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
• Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
• Experience with visual management systems.
• Experience operating warehouse equipment and any necessary certifications
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and other inventory control/shipping software
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.