Allegion Maintenance Supervisor in Indianapolis, Indiana
Responsible for managing the maintenance department with multi craft industrial maintenance technicians. Coordinate PM schedules, and manage the CMMS system. Train and coach maintenance technicians to continually improve their skill sets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. The following duties and responsibilities are to be performed accurately, efficiently, within Company safety and Quality System standards, within specified time frames and as needed.
• Manage maintenance related functions including: mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, controls, plumbing and fabricating as needed.
• Analyze machine down time and complete basic problem solving to root cause biggest issues within the plant.
• Manage the maintenance work force for a 3 shift operation including staffing changes and performance management ( 10-15 technicians).
• Trouble shoot machinery and resolve downtime on machines with a since of urgency. Have strong mechanical and technical skills set.
• Manage new equipment installations and rebuilds.
• Address safety and environmental issues within area of responsibility to ensure a safe work environment.
• Participate in the TPM program and have ownership of the preventive maintenance.
• Have administrative responsibilities for the CMMS system (AMMS)
• Manage projects to a documented, verifiable completion.
• Communicate in a professional, positive, courteous manner at all times with all levels of business associates.
• Lead, mentor, coach, and develop less experienced talent.
• Conduct performance reviews, create development plans and through the performance management system.
• Interface with external vendors to complete work as needed. Point of contact with integrated MRO crib for parts, supplies and material.
• Proficient in Microsoft office tools.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May directly supervise 10 employees. Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and public groups.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory,
• Research, problem solving, innovative thinking skills.
• Strong communication, people management skills and experience.
• Bias for action and result oriented.
• Strong business acumen with the ability to drive process improvements.
• Strong materials, machinery and product know-how.
• Knowledge of technical designs, product specifications and standards.
• Knowledge of quality control and EHS.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical field or degree with 5 years related experience.
• Proven experience leading and managing teams in a maintenance environment.
• 5 years experience scheduling and planning of maintenance work.
• Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.