Allegion Assembler (Locks) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
*Must be a SMX associate currently working in Locks for a minimum of six (6) months*
Perform routine manual or electronic multi-piece/part and/or multi-step assembly or testing in the manufacture of cylinder, sub-assemblies and final assemblies
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Generally responsible for certifying multiple stations within an area. Must develop an understanding of machine/product capacity and scheduling.
• Work closely with manufacturing trainers or senior level manufacturers and/or from written operational methods sheets or verbal instructions (when operational method sheets are unavailable.)
• Perform control runs on equipment and if necessary inspect, clean and lubricate equipment prior to or during shift operation.
• Detect and report improper equipment operation, faulty equipment, defective material or product and unusual conditions to supervisor.
• Must understand Kanban signals (starts and stops work) and be able to flex to other certified stations as needed.
• Produce quality product in accordance with total quality control steps on operation method sheets and established manufacturing procedures.
• Produce product using optimum work technique to minimize work injuries.
• Follow all work and safety rules.
• Foster a cooperative atmosphere among coworkers and management.
• Responsible for inventory accuracy in assigned area including cross training assignments
• Be willing to learn new methods and technologies to support the business vision of being a world class manufacturer and leader in our industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Read and write English at a high school level.
• Effectively communicates verbally to identify issues and enhance the team oriented environment.
• Demonstrates basic math skills that are required to interpret running lists, parts and order requests.
• Demonstrates knowledge of components, finishes, processes and finished products.
• Demonstrates attention to detail in order to identify constant changes in customer orders on the line.
• Ability to learn and use problem solving techniques.
• Visually differentiates between various types of metals and finishes.
• Demonstrates good eye/hand coordination.
• Demonstrates quick, accurate decision making capabilities.
• Alternates standing or sitting for up to 10 hours per shift.
• Lifts 10 to 45 pounds from floor to shoulder height occasionally.
• Performs pushing, pulling, twisting, squatting, reaching and forceful repetitive motions that require the use of shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, legs and neck throughout the entire work shift.
• Visually examines parts for color and damage to finish.
• Demonstrates good manual dexterity and grip strength.
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.